Explore the winding roads from Stellenbosch to Hermanus and beyond -set against a backdrop of awe-inspiring scenic wonders, blessed with abundant wildlife and pristine sandy beaches.
Experience the creative vibe of informal settlements, the grand elegance of our wine farms and learn about the proud cultures and traditions of our diverse people. Orientate and familiarise yourself with the Western Cape's hotspots and even visit a few local secrets along the way.
Duration: 2 days | 1 night Tour code: WC-WWC2
CAPE TOWN to CAPE AGULHAS
- Morning pickup from your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas.
KAYAMANDI TOWNSHIP - A guided walking township tour.
WINE TASTING with CHEESE & CHOCOLATE PAIRING - Visit to some of the popular wine estates that are scattered around the Western Cape towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Sample some of the country’s most acclaimed wines, pairing them with locally produced cheeses and even chocolate!
FRANSCHHOEK - Lunch stop.
CAPE AGULHAS - Travel to the most southern tip of Africa, where the Atlantic and Indian ocean meet.
OVERNIGHT IN CAPE AGULHAS*
HERMANUS / CAPE AGULHAS* > back to CAPE TOWN
> Choose how you want to spend your morning: Relax in Hermanus or go shark cage diving in Gansbaai.
HERMANUS -Spectacular land-based whale watching spot. (Whale season Jun-Nov)
SHARK CAGE DIVING - (Optional with extra cost) The brave at heart rise early to go cage diving with the Great White sharks
BETTY'S BAY - Get close to a colony of over 5000 African penguins in their natural habitat.
CLARENCE DRIVE - Scenic route along the False Bay coastline
- Travel back to arrive at your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas by late afternoon.
> Excluded: Meals & drinks, optional extras and excluded activities will be for your own account. * The exact itinerary is subject to change, and might need to overnight at Hermanus on occasion.
Things To Bring
Comfortable/ walking shoes
Sunscreen & hat
- Pick-up from, and Drop-off at your accommodation in selected Cape Town, Stellenbosch, Somerset West or Strand areas
- Guided township culture tour
- Wine tastings with cheese + chocolate pairing
- Penguin-visit entry fee
- Friendly local driver-guide
- Transport to tour's highlights - with licensed and insured vehicle(s)
- Accommodation for 1 night - as per package selected
- Meals and drinks ( No need to take your own food, you can buy it on tour )
- Personal insurance
- Optional extras
OPTIONAL EXTRA ACTIVITY available on tour:
- Shark cage diving (from +/-R1400 pp)
These exciting OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES are offered and scheduled as part of each tour's free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. All optional activities are PRE-BOOKED for your convenience, but are weather dependent and can therefore only be paid / confirmed on the day of the activity.
Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments - or - the tour guide can stop at an ATM (on request) to give you the option to draw cash as you need it.
MEALS are not included, giving you the choice to choose what to eat and where to eat - the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots. Our guides will show you the best restaurants, or book meals at the places you overnight.
> Most backpackers we stay at even have communal kitchens to prepare food, if you want to buy the ingredients on tour to make your own meals.
> Luxury 3star GUESTHOUSE or 4star LODGE packages do include breakfast at every overnight stop.
JOIN GROUP tours are scheduled to depart most SATURDAYS (minimum amount of passengers may be required); or book a private tour for any other available date.
Pickup time for Join GROUP tour packages;
Early morning (usually ranging between +/-6:30am to +/-8am), but we'll contact you on the day before the tour depart to confirm a more exact pickup time for your pickup address specifically.
- The transfer service will collect you from your preferred Cape Town address (within +/-10km radius of city centre) or Stellenbosch / Somerset West street address and return you back to your original pickup address after the tour.
- Pickup times may vary by 30 minutes due to pickup delays, and passengers can contact hotspots2c if the shuttle service is running more than 30 min late.
- Passengers must be ready at the confirmed pick-up time to avoid delays.
- It is not advised to make any scheduled arrangements (especially flights) for the return/ last day of the tour, as traffic and weather can delay the approximate drop-off times.
Booking for [Join GROUP tour package] on December 31, 1969
Duration: 2days | 1night
Sorry, there is no availability left for this option